Webinar — Knowing the Differences Between Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Facilities
Presented by Elville and Associates’ Senior Principal and senior elder law attorney Lindsay V.R. Moss, this webinar will discuss the key differences between an assisted living facility and a skilled nursing facility. We will review what qualifications are needed for each type of facility, what long-term insurance will pay for, and what public benefits may be available for each, including Medicaid and Veteran’s Administration (VA) benefits. We will go over asset requirements, and asset protection and planning strategies.
– Assisted Living Facilities ARE NOT skilled nursing facilities. Learn what to expect with both facilities and what questions you should be asking.
– VA Aid & Attendance can be very helpful in paying towards the costs of assisted living, if eligible
– is there a service member in the home? The DOD takes care of their own; there are several options available for veterans and their surviving spouses.
– Doing asset protection planning now can increase the likelihood of preserving your family’s wealth in the future. We don’t have 20/20 vision, but if this year has taught us anything – no one can predict the future. However, you can plan for a multitude of circumstances to be prepared for what comes next.
– Long-term care Medicaid is available for those that need to be in a skilled nursing facility, but assets have to be either protected or spent-down for eligibility. Knowing what to spend and how to spend, it is key!
Open to clients, advisors and the general public. For Certified Financial Planners and CPAs, 1.5 continuing education hours will be available for attending this presentation.