Though sometimes shrouded in mystery, d4A special needs trusts, also referred to as 1st-party special needs trusts, are an important planning tool in specific situations for loved ones with disabilities. Join Elville and Associates’ Principal and Senior Elder Law Attorney Lindsay V.R. Moss and she discusses the ins and outs of the d4A trust.
Topics for discussion include:
– what can a d4A trust be used for?
– how to be a trustee of a d4A trust
– what can funds in a d4A trust be used for?
– how can a d4A trust affect public benefits?
– how does a trustee of a d4A trust account to the state for expenditures
– … and much more.