Estate Planning, Elder Law, Estate and Trust Administration, Special Needs Planning, Asset Protection
J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
B.A., Political Science; B.A., Public Policy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Bar and Court Admissions
Maryland Court of Appeals; Maryland State Bar Association; District of Columbia Bar; Supreme Court of Colorado (inactive)
Mrs. Holcombe-Volke handles all aspects of estate planning, including the initial drafting of wills, trusts, advance directives, and powers of attorney, as well as the continued revision and updates of those documents as life and statutory changes occur. She also regularly addresses the needs of elder law clients, assisting with Medicaid asset protection efforts, special needs planning, and the difficult issues attendant to mental and physical incapacity.
After graduating from law school, Mrs. Holcombe-Volke worked with a firm representing subcontractors in the busy construction law arena of Las Vegas, Nevada. She then spent a year teaching legal and business English in Budapest, Hungary, before joining the firm of Joan M. Wilbon & Associates in Washington, D.C., as an associate attorney working with estate planning, estate administration, elder law, family law and general civil litigation clients.
Professional Activities and Achievements
- Named to the Maryland Rising Stars List by Maryland Super Lawyers – 2017
- Named “10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Estate Planning” – American Institute of Legal Counsel – 2018 and 2019
- Board Member, The Women’s Law Center of Maryland
- Chair, Judicial Selections Committee
- Volunteer Attorney, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS)
- Founding Member, MVLS Community Advocacy Network
- Named as MVLS Volunteer of the Month – May 2019
- Provide trainings to volunteer attorneys on Advance Directives, Financial Powers of Attorney, Wills, and Deeds
Named to the 2017 Maryland Rising Stars list.
Named as MVLS (Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service) Volunteer of the Month for May 2019
American Institute of Legal Counsel – 10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Estate Planning
Co-authored “Your Home, Your Deed, Your Legacy – Ensuring Stability in Baltimore City through Legal Services” – The Advocate, Spring 2019
Co-authored “The Future of Pro Bono in Maryland” – The MSBA Bar Bulletin, May 2018