Olivia R. Holcombe-Volke, Esq.
Estate Planning, Elder Law, Estate and Trust Administration, Special Needs Planning, Asset Protection
J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
B.A., Political Science; B.A., Public Policy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Bar and Court Admissions
Maryland Court of Appeals; Maryland State Bar Association; District of Columbia Bar; Supreme Court of Colorado (inactive)
Ms. Holcombe-Volke handles all aspects of estate planning, including the initial drafting of wills, trusts, advance directives, and powers of attorney, as well as the continued revision and updates of those documents as life and statutory changes occur. She also regularly works with clients who have elder law and/or special needs concerns, whether on behalf of themselves or a family member, assisting with Medicaid and Veteran’s asset protection efforts, special needs planning, and the difficult issues attendant to mental and physical incapacity.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Holcombe-Volke worked with a firm representing subcontractors in
the busy construction law arena of Las Vegas, Nevada. She then spent a year teaching legal and business English in Budapest, Hungary, before joining the firm of Joan M. Wilbon & Associates in Washington, D.C., as an associate attorney working with estate planning, estate administration, elder law, family law and general civil litigation clients.
Professional Activities and Achievements
- Named to the Maryland Rising Stars List by Maryland Super Lawyers – 2017
- Named “10 Best for Client Satisfaction in Estate Planning” – American Institute of Legal Counsel – 2018, 2019
- Board Member, The Women’s Law Center of Maryland
- Chair, Judicial Selections Committee
- Volunteer Attorney, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS)
- Founding Member, MVLS Community Advocacy Network
- Named as MVLS Volunteer of the Month – May 2019
- Provide trainings to volunteer attorneys on Advance Directives, Financial Powers of Attorney, Wills, and Deeds
• Co-authored “Your Home, Your Deed, Your Legacy – Ensuring Stability in Baltimore City through Legal Services” – The Advocate, Spring 2019
• Co-authored “The Future of Pro Bono in Maryland” – The MSBA Bar Bulletin, May 2018
• Featured in “Pro Bono Estate Planning Campaign Helps Low-Income City Residents” – The Daily Record – July 2, 2019
• Provides ongoing webinars on topics ranging from "Estate Planning for the Individual," "... for Young Families," "... "for Domestic Partners," " ... "for Business Owners," "... for the Surviving Spouse," and "Basics of Estate Planning -- Baltimore City employees, Retirement Readiness Seminars" -- 2018, 2019, 2020