To qualify for the VA Improved Pension benefits:
- The veteran must have served at least 1 day during a qualified war period.
- The veteran must have served at least 90 days of active duty.
- The veteran must have received a better than dishonorable discharge.
- The claimant must be over the age of 65 or permanently or totally disabled.
- The claimant must be a surviving spouse of a qualified veteran who did not remarry.
- The claimant or spouse must require assistance with daily living requirements.
- The claimant’s monthly medical expenses must equal or exceed their monthly income.
For more information, please call 443-393-7696 or complete the form below.