As a business grows its needs for additional workers increases. The law regarding employees is complex and often misunderstood or misapplied. Even innocent mistakes can result in disastrous consequences for the employer. Business law attorney Chuck Borek, J.D.,MBA, CPA, of The Borek Group, LLC and special counsel to Elville and Associates covers the following issues in this webinar session:
- Distinguishing employees from independent contractors
- Steps you must take when you hire an employee
- When you must pay an employee hourly and pay for overtime
- The effective use of written employment agreements
- Protections employees enjoy that you may not be aware of
More Webinars from Elville and Associates
The education of clients and their families through counseling and superior legal-technical knowledge is the mission of Elville and Associates. We hold multiple educational events every month. Click to view our calendar of educational webinars and events or visit the Elville and Associates YouTube channel to view recordings of our past webinars.