Trustee Selection How to Choose the Right One for You with Stephen Elville
Elville and Associates’ President and Principal Attorney Stephen Elville offers this webinar discussion about the very important topic of how to select a Trustee. Choosing a Trustee is one of the most intensive pieces of the estate planning process, and a choice not to be taken lightly. Ensure you’re educated about all the factors that go into making this important decision. Points of emphasis include:
– What is a Trustee and what are their responsibilities?
– Types of Trustees and their characteristics – advantages and disadvantages
– The perfect Trustee – setting the benchmark for selection
– Trustee selection – why is it so important? – Trustee succession and plan design – why so difficult, why so crucial?
– Trustee roles in Wills and Trusts
– What are some reasons to consider appointing a Corporate Trustee?
– Why should you be concerned about “Successor Trustee risk”?
Open to clients, advisors and the general public. For Certified Financial Planners and CPAs, 1.5 continuing education hours are available for attending this presentation.