To determine your Social Security eligibility and estimated benefits, you can find out how many quarters of coverage you have accumulated and what your estimated benefit will be at the time of retirement by requesting Social Security Statement SSA-7004 (formerly known as the Personal Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement) from the Social Security Administration (SSA). You can request a copy by mail or online by visiting the Social Security website or by waiting for the Statement in the mail; Statements are sent out annually three months before your birthday. There is no charge for this service, and in addition to your quarters of coverage the Statement will provide your earnings reported in each year.
- Family Values as an Inheritance
- New Insights on Parkinson’s Disease Revealed
- Taking Steps to Protect Your Child’s Inheritance
- Should Children Pitch in for Elder Care?
- All You Need to Know About Long Term Care
- The SECURE Act: How It Will Affect You and the Beneficiaries of Your Retirement Accounts (Elville and Associates’ Letter to Clients)
- Unpacking the SECURE Act of 2020
- Divorce’s Affect on the Aged Population
- The Epidemic of Immobility
- Understand These Before Turning 65