Thought of the Day 559

August 7, 2015

To determine your Social Security eligibility and estimated benefits, you can find out how many quarters of coverage you have accumulated and what your estimated benefit will be at the time of retirement by requesting Social Security Statement SSA-7004 (formerly known as the Personal Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).  You can request a copy by mail or online by visiting the Social Security website or by waiting for the Statement in the mail; Statements are sent out annually three months before your birthday.  There is no charge for this service, and in addition to your quarters of coverage the Statement will provide your earnings reported in each year.