Missed mortgage payments and insurance premiums (including long-term care insurance premiums) and missing financial statements are the result of aging parents in crisis. Children should be proactive to begin appropriate monitoring and oversight at the first signs of trouble – confusion, vulnerability, depression, weight loss, and other leading indicators. Intervention is not always easy, and everything possible to facilitate the mutual cooperation necessary for a successful agency relationship should be done well in advance.
- “Your Home, Your Deed, Your Legacy – Ensuring Stability in Baltimore City through Legal Services” co-authored by Olivia Holcombe
- Elville and Associates’ Principal Stephen R. Elville Partners with University of Maryland Autism Research Consortium for Nationwide Webinar Series and Panel Discussion
- The Future of Pro Bono in Maryland
- Elville and Associates Partners with Maryland ABLE to Offer Special Needs Planning Workshop to Harbour School at Annapolis Parents
- Lindsay V.R. Moss, Esq., Becomes Partner at Elville and Associates, P.C.
- A Guide for Making Room for Grief in Work & Life
- How One Thing Might Lead to Another
- How Will My Agent Know Where My Property Is – and How to Access It? The Maryland Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, Digital Storage Options, Safe Deposit Boxes, and Good Old Fashioned Record-Keeping
- The Movement to Improve End-of-Life Health Care Planning
- Fly, Rattle, and Roll