If you are a trustee, you should become familiar with the Net Investment Income Tax (NIIT) and determine whether it is desirable (or even possible under the terms of the trust) to take action to minimize the imposition of NIIT on the trust assets and proactively manage the impact of the 3.8% tax.
- Trust Protectors – An Integral Piece to a Flexible Estate Plan
- Attorney or Financial Planner? Often, Both.
- Digital Assets – An Essential Component to Estate Planning
- Estate Planning Is Not “Permanent,” But a Continuous Process
- Governor Hogan’s Authorization of the Remote Notarization of Documents
- Practical Guidance for Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Special Needs Planning at a Time of World and National Health Crisis – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Understanding the New SECURE Act – INCOMING!!
- Ensure You’re Educated About These Three Aspects of Incapacity Planning
- Three Action Items That Are Important to You Estate Planning Right Now
- Estate Planning and the Rewards of Peace of Mind, Clarity and Certainty