Elder abuse continues to proliferate. Cases where Senior’s fall victim to lottery and other scams exceeding hundreds of thousands of dollars in losses are not uncommon. While law enforcement and courts continue to address the issue, family members and friends, agents under financial powers of attorney, financial advisors, CPAs, financial institutions, and others must remain watchful. All of us are on the front lines of this world-wide and societal scourge.
- Exceptions to the Early Withdrawal Penalty for IRAs, 401(k)s, and Other Qualified Plans
- Elville and Associates and the Institute on HealthCare Directives Partner to Offer MIDEO® to Firm’s Clients
- MAY 2019 VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH – OLIVIA HOLCOMBE-VOLKE
- The Ins and Outs of Family Members Being Paid as Caregivers from Special Needs Trust Funds
- Olivia R. Holcombe-Volke Recognized for Pro Bono Estate Planning Work
- Which Estate Planning Process Is Right for You? The Answer Lies Within Your Goals …
- The 2010 Maryland Power of Attorney Act – A Gamechanger
- The Most Important Document in Estate Planning – The Financial Power of Attorney
- The Secure Act and Its Potential Income Tax Effect on Clients’ Estate Planning – Seven Important Opportunities
- The New Elective Share Law, a.k.a. “Augmented Estate Legislation” Has Passed. What Does This Mean to You?