Somewhere between the consumer confusion oftentimes caused by our free market economy, the political and economic uncertainty of our times, and the blinding pace of modern life, a basic truth remains: individuals and families need accurate information and advice, and they want to be educated and cared for by their advisors. Fortunately this fundamental need and desire can be fulfilled once the consumer decides not to accept anything less. Along these lines, determine and give yourself permission to (1) expect education (current and continuing), (2) expect client care, and (3) expect the best. When the client-student is ready, the professional teacher-educator will appear.
- “Your Home, Your Deed, Your Legacy – Ensuring Stability in Baltimore City through Legal Services” co-authored by Olivia Holcombe
- Elville and Associates’ Principal Stephen R. Elville Partners with University of Maryland Autism Research Consortium for Nationwide Webinar Series and Panel Discussion
- The Future of Pro Bono in Maryland
- Elville and Associates Partners with Maryland ABLE to Offer Special Needs Planning Workshop to Harbour School at Annapolis Parents
- Lindsay V.R. Moss, Esq., Becomes Partner at Elville and Associates, P.C.
- A Guide for Making Room for Grief in Work & Life
- How One Thing Might Lead to Another
- How Will My Agent Know Where My Property Is – and How to Access It? The Maryland Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act, Digital Storage Options, Safe Deposit Boxes, and Good Old Fashioned Record-Keeping
- The Movement to Improve End-of-Life Health Care Planning
- Fly, Rattle, and Roll