Other than setting an initial appointment, many people want to know what the actual estate planning process is – what happens, how does it start, what am I supposed to do? In this morning’s blog, we will start the demystification process. The Estate Planning Questionnaire is the initial baseline or foundation for your estate planning. It is the real first step in the process and should be viewed as a preliminary matter to be completed prior to the initial meeting. It is your estate planning attorney’s window to your world. As your estate planning attorney receives this information in, so goes the quality of the information out that will comprise your estate plan – information in, information out. It follows that the highest quality estate plans are those where the estate planning attorney receives the most most complete and accurate information in advance of the initial meeting or no later than the first stages. Therefore, a significant expenditure of time and effort to fully complete the Estate Planning Questionnaire at the beginning of the process will lead to efficiency, continuity, and the firmest foundation upon which to Begin.
- Elville and Associates and the Institute on HealthCare Directives Partner to Offer MIDEO® to Firm’s Clients
- MAY 2019 VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH – OLIVIA HOLCOMBE-VOLKE
- The Ins and Outs of Family Members Being Paid as Caregivers from Special Needs Trust Funds
- Olivia R. Holcombe-Volke Recognized for Pro Bono Estate Planning Work
- Which Estate Planning Process Is Right for You? The Answer Lies Within Your Goals …
- The 2010 Maryland Power of Attorney Act – A Gamechanger
- The Most Important Document in Estate Planning – The Financial Power of Attorney
- The Secure Act and Its Potential Income Tax Effect on Clients’ Estate Planning – Seven Important Opportunities
- The New Elective Share Law, a.k.a. “Augmented Estate Legislation” Has Passed. What Does This Mean to You?
- Why Do Estate Plans Fail and Not Work as Intended? The Answer Lies Below …