- This event has passed.
Webinar – Understanding the Uses and Purposes of Irrevocable Trusts in 2022
September 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Irrevocable trusts are often misunderstood. Despite all the constant talk about their uses and applications, few clients and advisors really understand the potential power and application of these estate planning, asset protection planning, tax planning, special needs planning, elder care planning, and charitable planning tools. And along these lines there are usually many unanswered questions such as when should irrevocable trusts be used?; what do irrevocable trusts really do and how do they function?; what are the downsides of irrevocable trusts?; how can we be sure not to miss opportunities with irrevocable trust planning?; are irrevocable trusts really suitable for most clients?; and more.
In this interactive workshop, attorney Stephen R. Elville will provide an overview of the most utilized irrevocable trusts and their potential uses and purposes in 2022. Steve will address the above-mentioned questions along with the questions of attendees. The following major topics will also be covered:
- The estate planning outlook for 2022 – a January perspective
- Why should clients care about irrevocable trusts in 2022?
- What are the most known and available irrevocable trusts in 2022?
- Uses and objectives in irrevocable trust planning
- Differences between revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Taxation of irrevocable trusts – a very brief overview
- The continuing need for flexibility – new plans versus older plans
- How to describe and discuss irrevocable trusts with clients
- Client goals and purpose – the key to knowing when and how to harness the power of irrevocable trusts
- Utilizing client education and illustrations to help clients make decisions and accomplish their objectives
Please RSVP here to receive your personal link to the webinar ahead of time. Should you have any questions beforehand, please contact Community Relations Director Jeff Stauffer at 443-343-8966 x117, or at email@example.com. We look forward to hosting you!
1.5 continuing education hours will be available for CFPs, CPAs, and other professionals who attend this presentation.
This webinar is offered in partnership with the Howard County Library System, a longtime supporter of Elville and Associates’ educational programs. To learn more about the HCLS, its educational programs and calendar of events, please visit https://live-howardcounty.pantheonsite.io/ or contact Ms. Rohini Gupta, Adult Curriculum Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.