Stephen R. Elville & Elville and Associates Present: The Advisors’ Forum
December 4 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Understanding Maryland’s New Elective Share Law and Its Ramifications for Clients and Advisors
WHEN: Wednesday, December 4th from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Historic Oakland Manor – 5430 Vantage Point Road, Columbia, MD 21044
Enjoy a catered lunch and networking beginning at 12:30 p.m. The Forum will begin promptly at 1:00 p.m. and end by 2:00 p.m.
In this 50-minute presentation, Stephen Elville, principal and lead attorney of Elville and Associates, P.C., will provide a nuts and bolts overview of Maryland’s elective share law(s) (old and new), answer questions, facilitate discussion, and guide attendees to an understanding of the spousal elective share concept, including why it is vital for clients to be educated about the new law, what the new law means for both the protection of assets and the maintenance of assets under management, and what clients and advisors can do to be proactive.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION INCLUDE:
1) Current law – Understanding the elective share
2) Challenges for spousal estate planning and elder law
3) The “Augmented Estate” — A problem in search of a solution
4) Passage of the new law and what it means for clients
5) What does the new law mean for financial advisors and CPAs?
6) Keeping assets under management (avoiding loss of assets under management due to the new law)
7) Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements and their importance
8) Examples and case studies
**To RSVP, please use the RSVP function at the bottom of the event description.
As a sponsor of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., Elville and Associates is pleased to offer 1.00 CE credit hour to Certified Financial Planners, CPAs and other professionals for attending this program. Should you wish to earn continuing education hours for this program, you may provide Jeffrey Stauffer, Community Relations Director, your name and ID number at the event.
We look forward to hosting you!
- December 4
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- New Elective Share Law, The Advisors' Forum