- This event has passed.
The Elville Workshop Series — MarylandABLE: A Savings Tool to Promote Independence, Financial Stability and Quality of Life for People with Disabilities
January 29 @ 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
Kelly Nelson, Outreach Coordinator from MarylandABLE, will share an overview of how ABLE accounts can help people with disabilities and their families to save for the future without jeopardizing federal, state and local benefits. Participants will learn about:
- the eligibility criteria and enrollment process;
- features of an ABLE account and the account management process;
- tax-free savings and tax-free withdrawals for qualified disabilities expenses;
- accessing a Maryland State income tax deduction for contributions;
- how an ABLE account can be used in collaboration with a Special Needs Trust
Seating for this event will fill up very quickly, so don’t delay – RSVP soon! Please use the RSVP option at the bottom of this page to secure your seat. Lunch and refreshments will be served. Should you have any questions please contact Jeff Stauffer, Elville and Associates’ Community Relations Director, at [email protected], or at 443-393-7696, x117. We look forward to hosting you!