- This event has passed.
The Advisors’ Forum – How to Utilize Geriatric Care Managers
December 13 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
How to Utilize Geriatric Care Managers – Also Known as “Aging Life Care Managers” – For the Benefit of Clients and Understanding Health Care Decision Making in Maryland When Advance Medical Directives Are Now Being Considered to Be “Not Enough” – What Financial Advisors and CPAs Need to Know
WHEN: Wednesday, December 13th from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Historic Oakland Manor – 5430 Vantage Point Road, Columbia, MD 21044
Enjoy a catered lunch and networking beginning at 12:30 p.m. The Forum will begin promptly at 1:00 p.m. and end at 2:00 p.m.
In this interactive workshop, Stephen R. Elville, J.D., LL.M., and well-known Geriatric Care Nurse and Manager, Jill Rosner, RN, BSN, will explore the increasing role of geriatric care managers in today’s aging client population, and the information financial and tax advisors need to know so they are fully equipped to provide direction and assistance to their clients at a time of crisis or pre-crisis. Case studies will be used to explore the practical and ethical issues presented in today’s complex environment. The co-presenters will also examine the changing world of health care decision making in Maryland, including MOLST (Maryland Orders For Life Sustaining Treatment), including what clients and their advisors need to know concerning why Advance Medical Directives are now considered to be “insufficient” as a comprehensive approach.
• What is a Geriatric Care Manager/Aging Life Care Manager and what is their role in the planning team of legal, financial, and tax advisors?;
• What are the general health care and long-term care challenges faced by clients and their families today – an “on the ground” report;
• What are the practical and ethical problems that occur on a regular basis in geriatric care that can affect financial advisors and CPAs?
• What should financial advisors and CPAs be aware of so that the highest and best interests of their clients are served?
• What is the current state of the Maryland Advance Medical Directive and why is it considered to be lacking?
• What is MOLST, and how does it relate to the Advance Medical Directive?
• What should clients of financial advisors and CPAs do to properly prepare themselves in terms of health care decision making?
• Case Studies
Elville and Associates is pleased to offer 1.00 CE credit hour to CFPs and CPAs for attending this program. Should you wish to earn continuing education hours for this program, you may provide Jeffrey Stauffer, Community Relations Director, your name and ID number at the event.